Forex Brokers that Accept PayPal
Compare Forex brokers that accept Paypal for deposits and withdrawals. And find out more about PayPal's fees, limits and withdrawal options.
Brokers we recommend
We rate brokers across 5 categories and 18 criteria, following a standardised methodology. Here are our overall and category-specific ratings:
* Availability is subject to local laws and regulations.
Note: for brevity, this table only shows the most popular payment methods and regulators. Open a free account with any of these brokers to view funding options available in your country.
- Flexible leverage up to 1:500.
- Trade over 1,000 financial instruments.
- Trade on MT4/5 or cTrader without restrictions.
- Copy trading service is available.
- Customer support is available 24/7.
- No TradingView integration is available for now.
- No investor compensation fund in the event of bankruptcy.
We've traded through this broker's MT5 Raw account and can vouch for its low spreads and reliable trading environment. Its Raw account is designed for day traders and scalpers, and its Standard account will suit all others.
We also like the breadth of instruments available through its platform. You'll find over 70 currency pairs, as well as gold and silver priced in US dollars, euros and Aussie dollars. You can also go long or short on stocks and government bonds through over 40 ETFs.
Its free educational content also sets it apart from the competition. Fund your account to get access to trading signals from Trading Signal and Autochartist. You'll also get access to free trading courses for beginners and experienced traders, weekly webinars and e-books.
- CFDs on over 2,000 instruments including US and international stocks.
- Advanced charting tools.
- Market sentiment tools.
- No support for MetaTrader 4, 5 or cTrader.
- No support for automated trading.
- No PAMM accounts.
Plus500's trading platform makes it easy to stay on top of market developments, by showing the biggest risers and fallers. It also provides unique insights into market sentiment, for example by showing the percentage of buyers and sellers of a given instrument at any point in time. This could be of interest if you're a contrarian investor.
However, those accustomed to the MetaTrader 4, 5 or cTrader platforms may miss the ability to create automated trading strategies or custom indicators. And whilst we were surprised by the quality of Plus500's charting tools, it isn't on par with TradingView yet.
Plus500 charges no fees on deposits or withdrawals. You can also open a trading account in your own currency. However, currency conversion fees up to 0.7% will apply later, on any realised profits or losses on instruments in other currencies.
Why use PayPal for deposits?
- Fund your account online 24/7 through your PayPal account.
- Activate and fund your account in less than 5 minutes.
- Make direct withdrawals to your PayPal account.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is like an online wallet that stores your credit card and bank account details. You can use your PayPal account to shop online without having to remember your details or enter them into a website again.
Opening a PayPal account is easy and it's free. All you need is an email address and a password. After that, you can link your PayPal account to a bank account, credit card or debit card.
Benefits of using PayPal
- Secure: PayPal is a safer way to pay because you store your financial information with PayPal rather than the merchants you buy from. This is a genuine advantage because your information could be at risk from hackers or prying employees even if you transact with established and reputable websites.
- Convenient: with PayPal, you only enter your credit card or bank account details once when you open open your account. After that, all you need is your PayPal email address and password to shop online.
- Fast: with PayPal, you can send and receive money in real-time.
When you open an account, PayPal only asks for essential information so that you can get started right away. Your account will be classified as "Unverified" until you provide more information about yourself (this is to comply with anti-money laundering laws). Unverified accounts are subject to initial limits on the amount you can send, receive and withdraw.
It's a good idea to verify your account as soon as possible. Otherwise, PayPal could force verification on you at a later stage if your account balance or transaction volumes rise above certain thresholds. When this happens, your account will be "Limited" and you will no longer be able to send, receive or withdraw money. This could play havoc with your trading, preventing you from meeting margin calls or taking advantage of changes in the financial markets.
PayPal withdrawal methods
While PayPal typically allows withdrawals to a bank account or a card, this may not be possible in all countries. In some countries, PayPal restricts withdrawals to US bank accounts only. And in others, it does not support withdrawals to credit or debit cards. Remember to check PayPal withdrawal options in your country to make sure it works for you.
PayPal is a cost-effective way to trade. If your PayPal account and broker are in the same country, you could finance your trades and withdraw your profits to a local bank account entirely free of charge. Here's a breakdown of PayPal fees:
- Joining: free to join.
- Deposits: free to add money to your PayPal balance from a domestic bank account.
- Withdrawals: free to make a standard withdrawal from your PayPal balance to your bank account. PayPal charges a fee for withdrawals to a card and accelerated withdrawals to a bank account.
- Buying: free.
If your transaction requires a currency conversion, PayPal will add a processing fee above the wholesale exchange rate. In addition, PayPal also charges a cross-border fee for cross-border payments. The cross-border fee applies when the sender and the receiver have PayPal accounts registered in different countries. Please check the PayPal User Agreement for fees applicable in your country.
Share this article:
About the author
I'm Stéphane, a trader and an entrepreneur. My mission with TrustedBrokers is to help you find the right broker for you, whether you're a beginner or a pro. I've personally used and tested the brokers on our service, opening and funding real-money accounts, contacting customer service and placing trades. I started my career in investment banking in London.
- Forex Brokers that Accept Bitcoin
- Forex Brokers that Accept China UnionPay
- Brokers that Accept Broker-to-Broker Transfers
- Forex Brokers that Accept Credit Cards
- Brokers that Accept American Express
- Forex Brokers that Accept Debit Cards
- Forex Brokers that Accept Ethereum
- Forex Brokers that Accept NETELLER
- Forex Brokers that Accept Skrill
- Forex Brokers that Accept Tether (USDT)