Forex Brokers that Accept Debit Cards
A debit card is a fast and cost-effective way to fund your online trading account. Compare Forex brokers and online trading platform that process deposits in hours.
Brokers we recommend
- Pepperstone Best Broker for TradingView
- FxPro Best MetaTrader 5 Broker
- LiteFinance Best for Copy Trading
- 4XC Best Customer Service
- Plus500 Best Mobile Trading App
- NordFX Easy Account Opening
Here's how and why rated these brokers, or learn more about our impartial 18-point methodology.
|Overall||Markets||Trading environment||Deposits and withdrawals||Investor protection||Customer service|
* Availability is subject to local laws and regulations.
Note: for brevity, this table only shows the most popular payment methods and regulators. Open a free account with any of these brokers to view funding options available in your country.
- Flexible leverage up to 1:500.
- Trade over 1,000 financial instruments.
- Trade on MT4/5 or cTrader without restrictions.
- Copy trading service is available.
- Customer support is available 24/7.
- No TradingView integration is available for now.
- No investor compensation fund in the event of bankruptcy.
We've traded through this broker's MT5 Raw account and can vouch for its low spreads and reliable trading environment. Its Raw account is designed for day traders and scalpers, and its Standard account will suit all others.
We also like the breadth of instruments available through its platform. You'll find over 70 currency pairs, as well as gold and silver priced in US dollars, euros and Aussie dollars. You can also go long or short on stocks and government bonds through over 40 ETFs.
Its free educational content also sets it apart from the competition. Fund your account to get access to trading signals from Trading Signal and Autochartist. You'll also get access to free trading courses for beginners and experienced traders, weekly webinars and e-books.
- Over 750 financial instruments on MT4/5.
- Get free daily trading signals.
- Easily copy professional traders.
- No fees on deposits or withdrawals.
- Get one-on-one assistance when you deposit US$1,000.
- You cannot trade on raw spreads.
- Quarterly and annual inactivity fees.
The breadth of assets available to trade through its platform sets AvaTrade apart from the competition. You'll find over 750 instruments, including currencies, stocks, indices, ETFs (and leveraged ETFs), precious metals, commodities, cryptocurrencies, and government bonds.
AvaTrade supports the MT4 and MT5 platforms, available for Windows and iOS devices. Its web trading platform is sleek, with advanced charting tools. AvaTrade's spreads are competitive and fixed, which can provide a more predictable trading environment, well-suited for beginners.
Its customer service is excellent too. Every time a question has arisen, we've been able to speak to a customer support agent easily through a local telephone number. Our queries were resolved within minutes. AvaTrade support is available five days a week through various channels, including WhatsApp.
- 100% bonus on your 1st deposit (up to US$2,000).
- Flexible leverage up to 1:500.
- All MT4 Expert Advisors are allowed.
- No fees on deposits.
- No minimum deposit.
- FXCC only supports MetaTrader 4.
- Withdrawal fees apply across some, but not all, funding methods.
We particularly like FXCC's high leverage (up to 1:500) available across all currency pairs, gold, silver, stock indices and energy products. It offers negative balance protection, for added peace of mind.
Its MetaTrader 4 integration provides a smooth trading experience, with no lags and only minimal slippage. It accepts all trading styles and Expert Advisors, including scalping robots, without restrictions. We look forward to the day when FXCC will support MT5.
As FXCC offers consistently low spreads, it is possible to enter and exit trades several times a day, to take advantage of even small price swings. Its ECN XL account has no commission. However, FXCC will apply a $5 mark-up per lot, per side, if you open an account through us.
- Trade over 1,200 instruments across many asset classes.
- Trade on MT4/5, cTrader or even TradingView.
- All trading styles and EAs are allowed.
- Wide range of currencies for your trading account.
- Excellent customer service.
- You cannot choose which Pepperstone entity to open an account with. For example, you will need to open an account with Pepperstone's FCA-regulated entity if you live in the UK.
We particularly enjoy Pepperstone's integration with TradingView, which makes it possible to open and close positions directly from the charts. This in addition to its support for the popular MetaTrader 4, 5 and cTrader platforms.
Fees are a big factor for any trader. And Pepperstone's competitive spreads and commissions are a significant plus point for us. Its Standard account with low and variable spreads will appeal to all traders. And its Raw account is designed for Forex day traders and scalpers.
Deposits and withdrawals are easy and hassle-free, which is exactly what we look for in a broker. Whenever we've reached out to customer service, we've found their agents to be responsive and attentive.
- CFDs on 250+ instruments.
- FxPro accepts all trading styles on MT4/5 and cTrader.
- Trade on fixed or floating spreads, with or without commission.
- Many deposit methods, including crypto and broker-to-broker transfers.
- Get daily trading signals from Trading Central.
- You cannot trade CFDs on ETFs or government bonds.
- Copy trading isn't available.
It's hard to find fault with FxPro, a broker with a 20-year track record. We've traded through FxPro's Raw account and enjoy the razor-thin floating spreads and low commissions. This account, which comes with a $1,000 minimum deposit, will appeal to experienced traders.
If you're new to trading, you could also open a Standard account with a low $100 deposit. You'll enjoy a more predictable trading environment with fixed, albeit wider, spreads. In short, FxPro is a platform you can grow into as you gain experience.
The educational content available on FxPro.com also caught our attention. You'll find learning paths for both beginners and advanced users, in the form of online courses, video tutorials and webinars.
- All trading strategies are allowed.
- Get free daily technical and fundamental analysis.
- Receive up to 2.5% interest on used funds.
- Copy trading accounts are also available.
- Withdrawals fees are somewhat high, especially card withdrawals.
We have been trading through LiteFinance's ECN account for over 3 years on raw spreads plus a commission of $5 per lot, per side, and we enjoy its unrestricted trading environment.
Their customer service team is responsive, even on weekends. Our withdrawals have always been processed as quickly as possible. However, their withdrawal fees are a bit high, especially card withdrawals.
LiteFinance publishes a lot of educational content in the form of webinars and articles on its blog, often focused on technical analysis. However, you might find yourself lost if you are new to trading.
- Enjoy flexible leverage up to 1:500.
- Choose between MetaTrader 4 and 5.
- All trading styles and Expert Advisors are allowed.
- Fast execution speeds from its London data-centre.
- Negative balance protection is only available across Forex and precious metals.
- 4XC is regulated in the Cook Islands, a country without an investor compensation fund.
From the outset, 4XC has offered high leverage (up to 1:500) across Forex, gold and silver. It accepts all trading styles on MT4/5 without restrictions. Alternatively, you may open a PAMM account or a copy trading account.
Its customer service agents, available 6 days a week, have always been friendly and professional. So it's perhaps no surprise that 4XC has received several awards commending the quality of its customer service team.
Overall, we would recommend 4XC to anyone looking for a trustworthy broker, especially if you are primarily interest in trading Forex or precious metals on high leverage.
Trade CFDs on 2,000+ instruments spanning Forex, shares, indices, commodities and ETFs. Plus500 is a regulated broker listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- CFDs on over 2,000 instruments including US and international stocks.
- Advanced charting tools.
- Market sentiment tools.
- No support for MetaTrader 4, 5 or cTrader.
- No support for automated trading.
- No PAMM accounts.
Plus500's trading platform makes it easy to stay on top of market developments, by showing the biggest risers and fallers. It also provides unique insights into market sentiment, for example by showing the percentage of buyers and sellers of a given instrument at any point in time. This could be of interest if you're a contrarian investor.
However, those accustomed to the MetaTrader 4, 5 or cTrader platforms may miss the ability to create automated trading strategies or custom indicators. And whilst we were surprised by the quality of Plus500's charting tools, it isn't on par with TradingView yet.
Plus500 charges no fees on deposits or withdrawals. You can also open a trading account in your own currency. However, currency conversion fees up to 0.7% will apply later, on any realised profits or losses on instruments in other currencies.
- High leverage up to 1:1000.
- Copy trading and PAMM accounts are available.
- Start trading without ID.
- NordFX offers fewer instruments than other brokers.
- NordFX only supports the MT4 platform.
- Withdrawal fees apply.
NordFX is one of few brokers that allows anyone to open an account and trade without having to provide proof of identity. However, you'll need to verify your identity later, upon raising a withdrawal request.
NordFX offers leverage up to 1:1000 across currencies and precious metals. However, as it reserves the right to adjust the maximum leverage based on market conditions, you could be surprised by a margin call if you use high leverage.
NordFX processes deposits and withdrawals fast, including on weekends. However, inconsistencies between deposit and withdrawal methods have been a source of frustration for us. Withdrawal fees, in the region of 4% for Visa and Mastercard, are a negative.
Why use a debit card for deposits?
- Fund your account online 24/7 using your debit card.
- Activate and fund your account within hours.
- Cheaper than bank and credit card payments.
Need for speed
Using your credit or debit card often is the fastest and easiest way to deposit funds into your online trading account. You can make the payment from the comfort of your own home at a time that suits you without having to contact your bank manager.
If your broker receives the funds during business hours, your deposits should be available within hours on the very same day. In fact, you can expect the funds to hit your account within minutes with HYCM.com and HFM.com. If your broker receives the funds outside of business hours, your deposit should be available on the following business day.
However, using your credit or debit card may not be an option if you are looking to deposit very large sums of money. HFM.com won't accept card deposits over US$ 15,000. Instead, you should deposit funds through bank wire instead which can take anywhere between 1 and 5 business days to clear.
Debit card fees
Debit cards such as Visa Electron, Maestro and others are a highly cost effective ways to fund your online trading account. They have a distinct advantage over credit card companies that typically charge between 2% and 3% for processing your payment.
Last but not least, using a debit card for deposits won't entirely sidestep the need for a bank account because most brokers won't allow you to withdraw more to your card than the amounts you deposited. Instead, you'll need a bank account in your name to withdraw profits. This is to comply with anti-money laundering regulations.
Share this article:
About the author
I'm Stéphane, a trader and an entrepreneur. My mission with TrustedBrokers is to help you find the right broker for you, whether you're a beginner or a pro. I've personally used and tested the brokers on our service, opening and funding real-money accounts, contacting customer service and placing trades. I started my career in investment banking in London.