By Stefan on 21/08/2023
AvaTrade (AvaTrade.com) is an award-winning online broker. Trade CFDs on Forex, crypto-currencies, shares, metals and more on MetaTrader 4 or 5. AvaTrade accepts all Expert Advisors, except those with a focus on arbitrage.
- Trade CFDs on all asset classes.
- Trade through MetaTrader 4 or 5.
- Copy other traders through Zulutrade or DupliTrade.
- Enjoy negative balance protection, whichever entity you open an account with.
- Regulated in Europe, Australia, South Africa, the U.A.E. and elsewhere.
- You cannot buy stocks or cryptocurrency (only CFDs).
- Quarterly and annual inactivity fees.
- Most Trusted Broker 2023 - International Investor
- Best Overall Broker 2022 - Daytrading.com
- Best Mobile Trading Platform 2022 - Investingoal.com
- Trade a wide range of financial instruments with a Shariah compliant account. AvaTrade does not charge rollover fees or swaps on overnight positions. You cannot invest in crypto-currencies through this account. This account, registered in the British Virgin Islands, has significantly higher leverage.
- $ 100 Minimum deposit
- 1:400 Leverage (EUR/USD)
- 1.9 Pips (EUR/USD)
- $ 0 Commission
Important: please visit the broker's website for their terms and conditions.
Trading Central is an award-winning technical analysis tool integrated into the MetaTrader 4 and 5 platforms. It identifies investment opportunities across hundreds of financial instruments. Trading Central is available free of charge when you fund your AvaTrade account.
Get 1-on-1 trading assistance when you deposit US$ 1,000 or more into your trading account. You'll be assigned a dedicated account manager who can help you get started with the platform, and answer any questions you may have.
AvaTrade's breadth of markets truly sets it apart from the competition.
- Forex: trade up to 55 currency pairs on fixed spreads and flexible leverage through MetaTrader 4 or 5. Interestingly, you may also trade currency forwards and options with maturities between 1 day and 1 year.
- Cryptos: CFDs on Bitcoin and a wide range of altcoins such as Ethereum, Ripple and Solana. However, please note that crypto-currencies aren't available if you open a swap-free account.
- Shares and indices: CFDs on global stock indices and the shares of over 100 popular American and European companies such as Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google.
- Oil and precious metals: CFDs on crude oil, Brent oil, natural gas and as well as gold and precious metals. You may also trade Futures on the price of oil for delivery 3, 4 and 8 months out.
- Government bonds: CFDs on short and long-dated European and Japanese government bonds.
- Asset classes
- Forex (CFD)
- Cryptos (CFD)*
- Stocks (CFD)
- Indices (CFD)
- ETFs (CFD)
- Metals (CFD)
- Energy (CFD)
- Commodities (CFD)
- Bonds (CFD)
* Availability subject to regulation.
- Asset classes (#)
- Forex (CFD)55
- Cryptos (CFD)*14
- Stocks (CFD)612
- Indices (CFD)23
- ETFs (CFD)31
- Metals (CFD)9
- Energy (CFD)10
- Commodities (CFD)7
- Bonds (CFD)2
AvaTrade supports MetaTrader 4 and 5, two of the world's leading trading platforms.
Both MetaTrader 4 and 5 allow you to trade from the charts, manually or through the use of trading robots called Expert Advisors. However, MetaTrader 5 provides a wide range of order types, indicators and instruments. It's also significantly faster than its predecessor. If you're already familiar with MT4, you'll find it easy to transition over to MT5.
AvaTrade makes it possible for clients of Muslim faith to invest in accordance with Sharia law. It charges no fees or swap on trades that stay open overnight. Instead, it charges a commission that is set in advance and depends on the currency pair and trade size. All financial instruments, except crypto-currencies, are available through AvaTrade's Islamic account.
- Copy trading
- Operating systems
- Web trading
The choice of payment methods depends on the company that you open an account with, and your country of residence. Please visit the company's website for a list of all payment methods.
- Deposits and withdrawals (Fiat)
- Bank transfer
- Credit card
- Debit card
- NETELLER *
- Perfect Money
- POLi *
- Skrill *
* Availability subject to regulation.
- Deposits and withdrawals (Crypto)
- Account base currencies
- AUD - Australian Dollar
- EUR - Euro
- GBP - British Pound
- USD - U.S. Dollar
Our License Checker verifies the validity of EU, UK and UAE broker licenses in near real-time.
AvaTrade is headquartered in Ireland and regulated in Europe, Australia, South Africa, Japan and the BVI. Client funds are held in segregated accounts with leading international banks.
- Regulated entities
- AustraliaAva Capital Markets Australia Pty Ltd (No. 406684)
- BVIAva Trade Markets Ltd
- Cyprus (EU)DT Direct Investment Hub Ltd (CySEC No. 347/17)
- GibraltarAVA Trade EU Ltd (CBI No. C53877)
- IsraelATrade Ltd (No. 514666577)
- JapanAva Trade Japan K.K. (FFAJ No.1574)
- South AfricaAva Capital Markets Pty (FSCA No. 45984)
- UAEAva Trade Middle East Ltd (ADGM No. 190018)
Are you looking for an alternative to AvaTrade? See how AvaTrade compares against each of the following brokers.