Forex Brokers with Fixed Spreads
Compare Forex brokers in Kuwait with fixed spreads, whatever the market conditions, to make the most of market volatility.
Brokers we recommend
We rate brokers across 5 categories and 18 criteria, following a standardised methodology. Here are our overall and category-specific ratings:
* Availability is subject to local laws and regulations.
Note: for brevity, this table only shows the most popular payment methods and regulators. Open a free account with any of these brokers to view funding options available in your country.
- Over 750 financial instruments on MT4/5.
- Get free daily trading signals.
- Easily copy professional traders.
- No fees on deposits or withdrawals.
- Get one-on-one assistance when you deposit US$1,000.
- You cannot trade on raw spreads.
- Quarterly and annual inactivity fees.
The breadth of assets available to trade through its platform sets AvaTrade apart from the competition. You'll find over 750 instruments, including currencies, stocks, indices, ETFs (and leveraged ETFs), precious metals, commodities, cryptocurrencies, and government bonds.
AvaTrade supports the MT4 and MT5 platforms, available for Windows and iOS devices. Its web trading platform is sleek, with advanced charting tools. AvaTrade's spreads are competitive and fixed, which can provide a more predictable trading environment, well-suited for beginners.
Its customer service is excellent too. Every time a question has arisen, we've been able to speak to a customer support agent easily through a local telephone number. Our queries were resolved within minutes. AvaTrade support is available five days a week through various channels, including WhatsApp.
- Trade CFDs or invest in over 1,000 "real" stocks.
- Trade on MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5.
- Get free signals from Trading Central.
- Open a trading account in USD, EUR, GBP, CAD and AED.
- Trading fees on its Fixed and Classic accounts are a little high.
- Monthly inactivity fees apply after 90 days.
- Copy trading isn't possible.
Trade over 300 instruments across a wide range of markets, spanning currencies, cryptocurrencies, stocks, indexes, and commodities. HYCM offers a variety of trading accounts for beginners and more experienced traders, on the MetaTrader 4 and 5 platforms.
Of note, 'buy and hold' investors can now access over 1,000 'real' stocks, and earn dividends on their investments. It is possible to invest from as little as $10 through fractional ownership. This service includes American, Asian, and European stocks.
HYCM is an established broker, in business since 1999. It is also a safe place to trade, being overseen by regulators in the EU, the UK, the UAE, and other regions. HYCM provides a reliable trading environment. However, its trading fees are somewhat higher than the competition, unless you open a Raw account.
Some brokers allow you to choose between trading on fixed and variable spreads. Understand the pros and cons of trading Forex on fixed spreads.
Fixed vs. variable spreads
The spread is the difference between the buy and the sell price of a currency pair at a point in time. If your broker quotes EUR/USD at 1.0602/05, this translates into a 3 pip spread.
- If your broker quotes fixed spreads, the difference between the buy and sell prices of each currency pair should be the same at all times, whatever the market conditions. Fixed EUR/USD spreads usually range between 2 to 3 pips depending on the broker but in the region of 1 pip with an AvaTrade.com trading account.
- If your broker quotes floating spreads, you'll face wider spreads during volatile market conditions and tight spreads the rest of the time. EUR/USD spreads typically vary between 1 and 4 pips under normal market conditions. However, they have been known to widen up to 8 pips and beyond under extreme market conditions.
Advantages of fixed spreads
News events, data releases or the start of a new trading session can move the markets in a big way. This creates opportunities to profit from price jumps. However, it can also catch you off guard as spreads often widen substantially around those times.
A broker with fixed spreads will shield you from wild swings in spreads. This will work in your favour if you plan to trade around news events, data releases or simply day trade. If you're new to Forex trading, you'll find that fixed spreads provide a more predictable trading environment and help mitigate risks as you learn the ropes.
Disadvantages of fixed spreads
However, fixed spreads mean you're likely to pay wider spreads under normal market conditions. In other words, you'll pay for certainty of pricing during volatile market conditions in the form of marginally wider spreads at all other times.
For example, you could pay between anywhere between 1 and 2 pips for EUR/STP with an STP broker on variable spreads. And if you can afford to invest a large deposit upfront, you could trade EUR/USD from 0 pips with an ECN broker on a commission basis
In short, fixed spreads provide a more predictable trading environment albeit at a premium. This could work for you if you plan to trade in volatile market conditions or value piece of mind of you learn the basics of Forex trading.
Share this article:
About the author
I'm Stéphane, a trader and an entrepreneur. My mission with TrustedBrokers is to help you find the right broker for you, whether you're a beginner or a pro. I've personally used and tested the brokers on our service, opening and funding real-money accounts, contacting customer service and placing trades. I started my career in investment banking in London.