Best MT4 Brokers
We've reviewed the best MT4 brokers in Canada, and highlighted those that accept all Expert Advisors and trading styles. Visit their website to download MetaTrader 4 and get started.
- FP Markets Best FX Broker Australia 2021...
- FXCC Best Forex Trading Account 20...
- LiteFinance Best ECN Broker Africa 2020
- 4XC Best Customer Service 2022
- AvaTrade Best Mobile Trading Platform ...
FP Markets is a true ECN broker with razor-thin spreads and deep liquidity. Trade CFDs on over 1,000 stocks, indices, commodities and currency pairs through MetaTrader 4 or 5. FP Markets supports all trading styles and EAs.
Trade CFDs across Forex, crypto, oil and indices with leverage up to 1:500. FXCC accepts all trading styles and Expert Advisors on MT4. There are no conflicts of interest, as FXCC.com doesn't trade against you.
LiteFinance (LiteFinance.com), formerly LiteForex, is a global ECN broker. Trade CFDs on a wide range of markets on Metatrader 4 or 5, with flexible leverage up to 1:1,000. LiteFinance accepts all EAs and trading styles, including scalping and news trading.
- Risk warning: 83% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Stocks (CFD), Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD), Energy (CFD)* Availability subject to regulation.
- Platforms: MT4, MT5, Copy trading, Mirror trading
- Regulators: Cyprus (EU) , Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
4xc.com is an offshore broker founded by Forex industry veterans. Trade Forex, metals, oil and stocks with leverage up to 1:500. 4XC accepts all trading styles and Expert Advisors on MT4 and 5.
- Risk warning: Trading Forex/CFDs on margin carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors as you could sustain losses in excess of your deposits. You should carefully consider your financial situation and experience level before trading.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Cryptos (CFD)*, Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD), Energy (CFD)* Availability subject to regulation.
- Platforms: MT4, MT5
- Regulators: Cook Islands
$10 (MT4), $ 100 (MT5)
AvaTrade (AvaTrade.com) is an award-winning online broker. Trade CFDs on Forex, crypto-currencies, shares, metals and more on MetaTrader 4 or 5. AvaTrade accepts all Expert Advisors except those with a focus on arbitrage.
- Risk warning: 77.82% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Cryptos (CFD)*, Stocks (CFD), Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD), Energy (CFD), Commodities (CFD), Bonds (CFD)* Availability subject to regulation.
- Platforms: MT4, MT5, Copy trading
- Regulators: Australia, BVI, Cyprus (EU) , Gibraltar, Israel, Japan, South Africa, UAE
Trade without restrictions with OctaFX (OctaFX.com), an international broker headquartered in St. Vincent & The Grenadines. OctaFX supports all trading styles and EAs.
Trade CFDs on Forex, shares and precious metals on competitive spreads through ForexMart, an international ECN broker. ForexMart supports all trading styles, including scalping, through MetaTrader 4.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Cryptos (CFD)*, Stocks (CFD), Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD), Energy (CFD)* Availability subject to regulation.
- Platforms: MT4, Copy trading
- Regulators: Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Our License Checker verifies the validity of EU, UK and UAE broker licenses in near real-time.
Our reviews are unbiased and reflect our own experience of trading through these brokers.
Here For You
Compare trading accounts and find the best one for you, based on your preferences.
MetaTrader is one of the most popular trading platforms in the world, with millions of traders using the platform to get real-time prices and trade directly from the charts. If you’re looking for the best MT4 broker, we’ve highlighted below 5 criteria to look for.
MetaTrader 4 allows you to trade a wide range of markets from a single platform, but this isn't to say that all MT4 brokers are alike. If you’re primarily interested in Forex, you’ll want to open an account with a broker that supports the largest possible number of currency pairs. FxPro.com allows you to trade CFDs on 70 currency pairs, across majors and minors such as the Turkish Lira, the Russian Ruble or the Chinese Renminbi. If you’d like to find out more, read our broker reviews for side-by-side broker comparisons.
2. Expert Advisors
MetaTrader 4 owes part of its success to Expert Advisors (EAs), trading bots that can monitor the market and even trade on your behalf when certain conditions are met. You can create your own EAs using MQL, the platform's programming language, or download third-party EAs from MetaTrader 4's website. MT4 brokers like FxPro.com and FPMarkets.com allow all trading styles and place no restrictions on your use of Expert Advisors. However, this isn't the case with all brokers. For example, AvaTrade prohibits the use of arbitrage EAs.
Trade execution matters when you’re looking to open or close orders in fast-moving markets, especially during major news announcements or economic data releases. Your broker may provide either market execution, or instant execution.
- Instant execution: the price you see if the price you'll pay (as long as that market price is still valid). When markets are volatile, that price may change. When this happens, your broker will quote a new price, that you can either accept or decline. This is known as a re-quote.
- Market execution: the price you'll pay is the market price at the time your order is executed. When markets are volatile, that price may differ from the one you expected to pay when you placed your order. This is known as slippage, and is common in Forex trading.
New traders tend to prefer instant execution, because it provides greater certainty of pricing. Experienced traders tend to prefer market execution, because it provides greater certainty of execution. With FxPro.com, you can open an MT4 account with either instant or market execution - the choice is yours. In contrast, FPMarkets.com offers market execution with very low latency, from its New York data centres.
To help you find the right account, we've clearly shown the execution type of each of the MT4 accounts featured on this page. However, if you'd like to find out more, why not take a look at our lists of brokers with instant execution and market execution.
4. Customer Support
Customer service can make all the difference between an outstanding and a disappointing trading experience. However, it can be one of the hardest things to assess from the outset. When comparing MetaTrader 4 brokers, look for one that provides a wide range of contact methods in your language. We’d also encourage you to contact customer support directly before opening an account. This will allow you to assess how responsive and helpful a broker genuinely is.
Finally, be mindful of the regulations your next broker will be subject to. Brokers regulated in the UK and EU are required to place your funds in 'segregated accounts', separate from their own. You'll also be able to access either a British or a European investor compensation fund should your broker go bust. In contrast, offshore brokers offer higher leverage, but tend to offer fewer institutional protections.
If you’re unsure about who to trade with, why not open a free account with 2 or 3 MT4 brokers listed on this page. This will allow you to try their service and assess their fees and MT4 platform in a live trading environment.
ECN XL Account
Trade CFDs on 70+ currency pairs, crypto-currencies, commodities and indices with leverage up to 1:... MoreTrade CFDs on 70+ currency pairs, crypto-currencies, commodities and indices with leverage up to 1:500. Get a 100% bonus on your first deposit, up to $2,000.
Trade over 60 pairs of currencies as well as CFDs on crypto-currencies, shares, indices and ... MoreTrade over 60 pairs of currencies as well as CFDs on crypto-currencies, shares, indices and commodities from 0 pips plus commission, over MT4/5 or cTrader. Get ultra-fast execution speeds under 40 milliseconds, with this ECN account.
Trade CFDs on Forex, crypto-currencies, stocks, indices, ETFs and commodities on low spreads with ... MoreTrade CFDs on Forex, crypto-currencies, stocks, indices, ETFs and commodities on low spreads with leverage up to 1:500. Equiti allows all trading styles on MT5. Get ECN execution with Tier 1 liquidity.