Forex Brokers with Fixed Spreads
Compare Forex brokers and accounts with fixed spreads, whatever the market conditions. Make the most of market volatility.
- AvaTrade Best Mobile Trading Platform 2021
- PrimeXBT Best Platform for Margin Trading, 2020 - ADVFN
- NordFX Best Customer Support, 2021
AvaTrade (AvaTrade.com) is an award-winning online broker. Trade CFDs on Forex, crypto-currencies, shares, metals and more on MetaTrader 4 or 5. AvaTrade accepts all Expert Advisors except those with a focus on arbitrage.
- Risk warning: 79% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Cryptos (CFD)*, Stocks (CFD), Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD), Energy (CFD), Commodities (CFD), Bonds (CFD)* Availability subject to regulation.
- Platforms: MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, Copy trading
- Regulators: Australia, BVI, Cyprus, Gibraltar, Israel, Japan, South Africa, UAE
Start trading in minutes, with no prior identity checks, when you fund your account with crypto. Easily buy crypto through its platform if you have none. PrimeXBT.com's trading platform was voted "Best Platform for Trading with Leverage" in 2020 and "Best Crypto and Forex Broker" in 2019.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Cryptos (CFD)*, Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD), Energy (CFD)* Availability subject to regulation.
- Platforms: Copy trading, Mirror trading
- Regulators: Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
NordFX (NordFX.com) is an international Forex broker serving traders worldwide from its headquarters in Mauritius.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Cryptos (CFD)*, Stocks (CFD), Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD)* Availability subject to regulation.
- Platforms: MetaTrader 4, Copy trading
- Regulators: Vanuatu
As a trader, you can choose between brokers with fixed and variable spreads. This article discusses the pros and cons of trading Forex on fixed spreads.
Fixed vs. variable spreads
The spread is the difference between the buy and the sell price of a currency pair at a point in time. If your broker quotes EUR/USD at 1.5602/05, this translates into a 3 pip spread.
- If your broker quotes fixed spreads, the difference between the buy and sell prices of each currency pair should be the same at all times, whatever the market conditions. Fixed EUR/USD spreads usually range between 2 to 3 pips depending on the broker but in the region of 1 pip with an AvaTrade trading account (AvaTrade.com).
- If your broker quotes floating spreads, you'll face wider spreads during volatile market conditions and tight spreads the rest of the time. EUR/USD spreads typically vary between 1 and 4 pips under normal market conditions. However, they have been known to widen up to 8 pips and beyond under extreme market conditions.
Advantages of fixed spreads
News events, data releases or the start of a new trading session can move the markets in a big way. This creates opportunities to profit from price jumps. However, it can also catch you off guard as spreads often widen substantially around those times.
A broker with fixed spreads will shield you from wild swings in spreads. This will work in your favour if you plan to trade around news events, data releases or simply day trade. If you're new to Forex trading, you'll find that fixed spreads provide a more predictable trading environment and help mitigate risks as you learn the ropes.
Disadvantages of fixed spreads
However, fixed spreads mean you're likely to pay wider spreads under normal market conditions. In other words, you'll pay for certainty of pricing during volatile market conditions in the form of marginally wider spreads at all other times.
For example, you could pay between anywhere between 1 and 2 pips for EUR/STP with an STP broker on variable spreads. And if you can afford to invest a large deposit upfront, you could trade EUR/USD from 0 pips with an ECN broker on a commission basis
In short, fixed spreads provide a more predictable trading environment albeit at a premium. This could work for you if you plan to trade in volatile market conditions or value piece of mind of you learn the basics of Forex trading.
Trade 70+ currency pairs, spot indices, energies, metals and shares on floating spreads and instant ... MoreTrade 70+ currency pairs, spot indices, energies, metals and shares on floating spreads and instant execution. All EAs are allowed.
- $500 deposit
- 1:200 leverage ?
- 1.71 pips EUR/USD
Trade 55 currency pairs on fixed spreads, plus CFDs on crypto-currencies, stocks, indices, bonds and... MoreTrade 55 currency pairs on fixed spreads, plus CFDs on crypto-currencies, stocks, indices, bonds and commodities. This account, registered in the British Virgin Islands, has significantly higher leverage.
- $100 deposit
- 1:400 leverage ?
- 0.9 pips EUR/USD
Trade over 60 pairs of currencies as well as CFDs on metals, indices and commodities through MT5 ... MoreTrade over 60 pairs of currencies as well as CFDs on metals, indices and commodities through MT5 with this ECN account. Get ultra-fast execution speeds under 40 milliseconds.
- $100 deposit
- 1:500 leverage ?
- 0.09 pips EUR/USD
Trade 55 currency pairs on fixed spreads, plus CFDs on crypto-currencies, stocks, indices, bonds and... MoreTrade 55 currency pairs on fixed spreads, plus CFDs on crypto-currencies, stocks, indices, bonds and commodities. Access high leverage up to 1:400 with this account for professional traders.
- $100 deposit
- 1:400 leverage ?
- 0.6 pips EUR/USD