How to Buy Tesla Shares
Buy and sell CFDs on Tesla shares today without commission when you open an account with one of these brokers.
AvaTrade (AvaTrade.com) is an award winning online broker. Access a wide range of markets spanning Forex, crypto-currencies, shares, metals and more on competitive spreads.
- Risk warning: 79% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Cryptos (CFD), Stocks (CFD), Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD), Energy (CFD), Commodities (CFD), Bonds (CFD)
- Platforms: MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, Copy trading
- Regulators: Australia, BVI, Ireland, Japan, South Africa, UAE
- Incorporated: 2006
FxPro (FxPro.com) is a global broker, winner of 60+ awards including "Best MetaTrader Broker" in 2020 and "Best FX Provider" three times in a row.
- Risk warning: 79.78% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs and Spread Betting work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Cryptos (CFD), Stocks (CFD), Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD), Energy (CFD), Commodities (CFD)
- Platforms: MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, cTrader, Copy trading
- Regulators: Bahamas, CySEC, South Africa, UK
- Incorporated: 2006
Buy shares outright or trade CFDs on shares, indices, Forex, cryptocurrencies (including DOGE coin) and more*. Connect with over 6 million other investors, follow or copy their trades in real-time on eToro.com.
- Risk warning: 67% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
- Markets: NA
- Platforms: Copy trading
- Regulators: Australia, CySEC, UK
- Incorporated: 2007
Trade Forex, cryptocurrencies as well as CFDs on stocks, indices and commodities with an STP/ECN broker. EagleFX (EagleFX.com) supports all trading styles and Expert Advisors on MetaTrader 4.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Cryptos (CFD), Stocks (CFD), Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD), Energy (CFD)
- Platforms: MetaTrader 4
- Regulators: None
- Incorporated: NA
Understand how to buy or sell Tesla stocks online with this step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Get started
Before you place your first trade, you'll need to decide what it is that you are buying. You can either buy shares outright, in which case you'll become a registered shareholder, or simply profit from changes in Tesla's share price through instruments known as CFDs (or Contracts for Difference). This article discusses the pros and cons of CFDs vs shares in detail.
A CFD allows you to profit from changes in Tesla's stock price without actually owning shares: go "long" if you expect prices to rise, or go "short" if you expect them to fall. Speculating on changes in prices, rather than taking ownership of shares, also means that you are free from the rights, obligations and taxes associated with share ownership.
CFDs are popular with investors like you because they allow you to trade on margin for a fraction of a stock's price, yet see changes in the price fully reflected in your profit or loss. You could buy a CFD on Tesla stock currently valued around US$ 900 with a low US$ 100 deposit through AvaTrade.com by borrowing the difference.
Most CFD brokers charge no commission. Instead, they earn a living through the bid-ask spread; that is the difference between the price at which you can buy and sell securities from them. Some brokers charge a fixed spread at all times, whilst other charge a variable spread based on market conditions. AvaTrade's spread is just 10 cents over the market spread.
Step 2: Open an account online
Visit FPMarkets.com or AvaTrade.com and open an account online. It's helpful to have a copy of proof of address and proof of identity documents at hand; as most brokers will require that you upload these documents prior to placing your first trade. If you are in a hurry to trade, we suggest funding your account through a debit card, credit card or an e-wallet (such as PayPal, Skrill or NETELLER). Bank wire transfers can be particularly slow and costly to complete.
Step 3: Place your first trade
Placing your first trade may seem daunting, but it need not be. All brokers in our panel allow you to trade directly from their website or a smartphone app. Click a button to 'buy' and another to 'sell' (or 'short') Tesla shares directly from the charts. Nowadays, you no longer need to pick up the phone to trade through a dealing desk. Visit FPMarkets.com and AvaTrade.com to start trading.
- Latest News
- Tesla to recall 36,126 Model S and X vehicles in China over touch - screen failuresCNBC - 8 months ago
- Why Tesla Owners May Have To Pay To Replace Their Touch Screens Halfway Through Life Of VehicleYahoo Finance - 8 months ago
- Tesla recalls 135,000 cars after pushing back against regulatorsCNN - 8 months ago
- Why Tesla stock has risen so much in the past few years - Business InsiderBusiness Insider - 8 months ago
- Elon Musk says don't buy a Tesla during production ramps for best quality - Business InsiderBusiness Insider - 8 months ago
Trade up to 71 currency pairs as well as CFDs on metals, commodities and indices through MT4. STP ... MoreTrade up to 71 currency pairs as well as CFDs on metals, commodities and indices through MT4. STP trading with no requotes. Swap-free account only available to clients of Muslim faith.
- $20 deposit
- 1:300 leverage ?
- 1.1 pips EUR/USD
Trade a wide range of financial instruments with a Shariah compliant account. AvaTrade does not ... MoreTrade a wide range of financial instruments with a Shariah compliant account. AvaTrade does not charge rollover fees or swaps on overnight positions. You cannot invest in crypto-currencies through this account.
- $100 deposit
- 1:400 leverage ?
- 1.9 pips EUR/USD
Trade Forex as well as CFDs on shares, indices and metals on floating spreads without commission. ... MoreTrade Forex as well as CFDs on shares, indices and metals on floating spreads without commission. This account, designed for Muslim clients, does not incur swap or rollover charges for holding positions overnight. Terms and conditions apply.
- $100 deposit
- 1:500 leverage ?
- 1.2 pips EUR/USD