How to Invest in Netflix in Australia
Here's our 5-step guide to investing in Netflix in Australia, including the brokers you'll need to trade US stocks.
FxPro (FxPro.com) is a global broker, winner of 95+ awards including "Best FX Service Provider" in 2023. Trade 250+ instruments across a wide range of asset classes on MT4/5 or cTrader. FxPro accepts all trading styles without restrictions.
- Risk warning: 79.28% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs and Spread Betting work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Cryptos (CFD)*, Stocks (CFD), Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD), Energy (CFD), Commodities (CFD)* Availability subject to regulation.
- Platforms: MT4, MT5, cTrader, Copy trading
- Regulators: Bahamas, Cyprus (EU) , South Africa, UK
AvaTrade (AvaTrade.com) is an award-winning online broker. Trade CFDs on Forex, crypto-currencies, shares, metals and more on MetaTrader 4 or 5. AvaTrade accepts all Expert Advisors, except those with a focus on arbitrage.
- Risk warning: 77.82% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Cryptos (CFD)*, Stocks (CFD), Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD), Energy (CFD), Commodities (CFD), Bonds (CFD)* Availability subject to regulation.
- Platforms: MT4, MT5, Copy trading
- Regulated entity (Australia): Ava Capital Markets Australia Pty Ltd (No. 406684)
Our License Checker verifies the validity of EU, UK and UAE broker licenses in near real-time.
Our reviews are unbiased and reflect our own experience of trading through these brokers.
At Your Service
Compare trading accounts and find the best one for you, based on your preferences.
5-Step Guide to Investing in Netflix
1. Chose a broker
First, you'll need to open a trading account with an online broker that allows you to trade US stocks. All brokers featured in this guide allow you to invest in US stocks, including Netflix. Their fees may vary, so take time to compare their trading conditions. You may also be subject to foreign exchange fees as you are buying Netflix stock in US dollars.
2. Open an account
Once you've chosen a broker, you will need to open your account. This process usually involves providing some personal information, such as your name, address, and date of birth. You'll need to provide proof of identity and a recent proof of address in the form of a bank statement or utility bill. Most brokers will verify your account in 24 hours.
3. Fund your account
Once your account is open, you will need to fund it before you can trade. You can do this by linking your bank account or depositing funds using a credit card, debit card or an online wallet. Some brokers may also accept Bitcoin, Tether and other crypto-currency payments.
4. Search for Netflix stock
Once your account is funded, search for the Netflix stock (NFLX) through your broker's trading platform. You can do this by entering the ticker symbol in the platform's search bar. The ticker symbol uniquely identifies a financial instrument. Some companies have more than one ticker, but Netflix only has one.
5. Place a buy order
Once you've found Netflix stock, place a buy order. Your platform may allow you to chose between a market order or a limit order. A market order instructs your broker to buy a certain number of shares at any market price. Instead, we suggest using a limit to place a cap on the share price you're willing to pay.
Buying shares is a risky investment. The stock price can go up or down, and you could lose money. You'll be exposed to factors that affect Netflix and the broader stock market. That's why you should only invest money that you can genuinely afford to lose.
Trade CFDs on 70+ currency pairs, crypto-currencies, commodities and indices with leverage up to 1:... MoreTrade CFDs on 70+ currency pairs, crypto-currencies, commodities and indices with leverage up to 1:500. Get a 100% bonus on your first deposit, up to $2,000.
Trade over 60 pairs of currencies as well as CFDs on crypto-currencies, shares, indices and ... MoreTrade over 60 pairs of currencies as well as CFDs on crypto-currencies, shares, indices and commodities from 0 pips plus commission, over MT4/5 or cTrader. Get ultra-fast execution speeds under 40 milliseconds with this ECN account.
Best Pro Account
Trade 33 currency pairs as well as CFDs on crypto-currencies, metals, indices and stocks on floating... MoreTrade 33 currency pairs as well as CFDs on crypto-currencies, metals, indices and stocks on floating spreads from 0.9 pips. Get market execution and 5-decimal pricing. Automatic trading is allowed.