Best MetaTrader 5 Brokers
By Stéphane on 29/09/2023
MetaTrader 5 is the successor to MetaTrader 4, the world's most popular trading platform. We've reviewed the best MT5 brokers in Saudi Arabia, and highlighted those that allow all trading styles and Expert Advisors.
Brokers we recommend
FxPro is a global broker, winner of 100+ awards including 'Best FX Service Provider' in 2023. Trade 250+ instruments across a wide range of asset classes on MT4/5 or cTrader. FxPro accepts all trading styles.
- Exness Best Swap-Free Broker
- HYCM Best Forex Broker (Middle East)
- LiteFinance Best for Copy Trading
- 4XC Best Customer Service
Here's how and why rated these brokers, or learn more about our impartial 18-point methodology.
|Overall||Markets||Trading environment||Deposits and withdrawals||Investor protection||Customer service|
* Availability is subject to local laws and regulations.
Note: for brevity, this table only shows the most popular payment methods and regulators. Open a free account with any of these brokers to view funding options available in your country.
- Flexible leverage up to 1:500.
- Trade over 1,000 financial instruments.
- Trade on MT4/5 or cTrader without restrictions.
- Copy trading service is available.
- Customer support is available 24/7.
- No TradingView integration is available for now.
- No investor compensation fund in the event of bankruptcy.
We've traded through this broker's MT5 Raw account and can vouch for its low spreads and reliable trading environment. Its Raw account is designed for day traders and scalpers, and its Standard account will suit all others.
We also like the breadth of instruments available through its platform. You'll find over 70 currency pairs, as well as gold and silver priced in US dollars, euros and Aussie dollars. You can also go long or short on stocks and government bonds through over 40 ETFs.
Its free educational content also sets it apart from the competition. Fund your account to get access to trading signals from Trading Signal and Autochartist. You'll also get access to free trading courses for beginners and experienced traders, weekly webinars and e-books.
- Over 750 financial instruments on MT4/5.
- Get free daily trading signals.
- Easily copy professional traders.
- No fees on deposits or withdrawals.
- Get one-on-one assistance when you deposit US$1,000.
- You cannot trade on raw spreads.
- Quarterly and annual inactivity fees.
The breadth of assets available to trade through its platform sets AvaTrade apart from the competition. You'll find over 750 instruments, including currencies, stocks, indices, ETFs (and leveraged ETFs), precious metals, commodities, cryptocurrencies, and government bonds.
AvaTrade supports the MT4 and MT5 platforms, available for Windows and iOS devices. Its web trading platform is sleek, with advanced charting tools. AvaTrade's spreads are competitive and fixed, which can provide a more predictable trading environment, well-suited for beginners.
Its customer service is excellent too. Every time a question has arisen, we've been able to speak to a customer support agent easily through a local telephone number. Our queries were resolved within minutes. AvaTrade support is available five days a week through various channels, including WhatsApp.
- CFDs on 250+ instruments.
- FxPro accepts all trading styles on MT4/5 and cTrader.
- Trade on fixed or floating spreads, with or without commission.
- Many deposit methods, including crypto and broker-to-broker transfers.
- Get daily trading signals from Trading Central.
- You cannot trade CFDs on ETFs or government bonds.
- Copy trading isn't available.
It's hard to find fault with FxPro, a broker with a 20-year track record. We've traded through FxPro's Raw account and enjoy the razor-thin floating spreads and low commissions. This account, which comes with a $1,000 minimum deposit, will appeal to experienced traders.
If you're new to trading, you could also open a Standard account with a low $100 deposit. You'll enjoy a more predictable trading environment with fixed, albeit wider, spreads. In short, FxPro is a platform you can grow into as you gain experience.
The educational content available on FxPro.com also caught our attention. You'll find learning paths for both beginners and advanced users, in the form of online courses, video tutorials and webinars.
Exness.com is an offshore broker trusted by over 500,000 active clients. Trade Forex, crypto, commodities, stocks and indices on MetaTrader 4 or 5 with unlimited leverage (conditions apply).
- Low and stable spreads.
- No swap charges across most FX pairs.
- Unlimited leverage on MetaTrader 4 and 5 (conditions apply).
- Withdrawals processed instantly in a wide range of currencies.
- Negative balance protection is available.
- No access to a compensation fund in the event of bankruptcy.
- No CFDs on agricultural commodities, ETFs or government bonds.
Once you start trading with Exness, you soon understand why this broker is trusted by over 500,000 active clients. We traded through its MT5 Standard account with spreads from just 0.3 pips. Most instruments have no swap charges at all, which makes it easy to estimate how profitable each trade could be.
You'll find a wide range of instruments through its platform. These include over 100 currency pairs, crypto, U.S. stocks, global indices and commodities. The gold and silver crosses against the euro, the British Pound and the Aussie dollar will appeal to gold bugs.
Its web trading platform, built around TradingView charts, is sleek. If you're into technical analysis, you'll be able to customise charts with over 100 indicators and save them for later. Visit Exness to create an account and see for yourself what this broker has to offer.
- Trade CFDs or invest in over 1,000 "real" stocks.
- Trade on MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5.
- Get free signals from Trading Central.
- Account currencies include USD, EUR, GBP, CAD and AED.
- Trading fees on its Fixed and Classic accounts are a little high.
- Monthly inactivity fee after 90 days.
- Copy trading isn't possible.
HYCM is an established broker, in business since 1999. It also is a safe place to trade as it's overseen by regulators in the EU, the UK, the UAE and abroad.
Trade CFDs on a wide range of markets through its Classic and Raw accounts. You may also buy and hold over 1,000 "real" stocks, without leverage, and earn dividends.
Every client receives complimentary trading signals from Trading Central. Trading Central uses technical analysis to identify potential opportunities on a daily basis. Their signals could spark new ideas, or reinforce your existing convictions.
Overall, we have found HYCM to provide a reliable trading environment. However, its trading fees are a little higher than the competition, unless you open a Raw account.
- All trading strategies are allowed.
- Get free daily technical and fundamental analysis.
- Receive up to 2.5% interest on used funds.
- Copy trading accounts are also available.
- Withdrawals fees are somewhat high, especially card withdrawals.
We have been trading through LiteFinance's ECN account for over 3 years on raw spreads plus a commission of $5 per lot, per side, and we enjoy its unrestricted trading environment.
Their customer service team is responsive, even on weekends. Our withdrawals have always been processed as quickly as possible. However, their withdrawal fees are a bit high, especially card withdrawals.
LiteFinance publishes a lot of educational content in the form of webinars and articles on its blog, often focused on technical analysis. However, you might find yourself lost if you are new to trading.
- Enjoy flexible leverage up to 1:500.
- Choose between MetaTrader 4 and 5.
- All trading styles and Expert Advisors are allowed.
- Fast execution speeds from its London data-centre.
- Negative balance protection is only available across Forex and precious metals.
- 4XC is regulated in the Cook Islands, a country without an investor compensation fund.
From the outset, 4XC has offered high leverage (up to 1:500) across Forex, gold and silver. It accepts all trading styles on MT4/5 without restrictions. Alternatively, you may open a PAMM account or a copy trading account.
Its customer service agents, available 6 days a week, have always been friendly and professional. So it's perhaps no surprise that 4XC has received several awards commending the quality of its customer service team.
Overall, we would recommend 4XC to anyone looking for a trustworthy broker, especially if you are primarily interest in trading Forex or precious metals on high leverage.
Here are 5 criteria to help you find the best MT5 broker, regardless of your experience or trading preferences.
1. Expert advisors
Expert Advisors, also known as EAs, are trading robots that run inside MetaTrader. They can perform technical analysis on the fly, open and close trades automatically without human intervention, and even copy other traders. EAs are popular because they can automate successful trading strategies and take emotion out of trading. Download indicators or robots from the MetaTrader 5 Market(1), or create your own. Brokers like LiteFinance and FP Markets support all trading styles and Expert Advisors, and even offer a complementary VPS (subject to conditions).
2. Trading signals
The MetaTrader 5 platform offers a wide selection of technical analysis indicators. But some MetaTrader 5 brokers go one step further by making trading signals available directly within the platform. For example, FxPro and FP Markets have integrated Trading Central signals into their MT5 platforms through a plugin. Trading Central uses algorithms and pattern recognition to identify daily trading opportunities in over 8,000 markets. Open and fund a live trading account with either broker to access these signals.
3. Educational content
Education is one of the keys to success, whether you're an experienced trader, or perhaps just starting out. If you're keen to improve your skills, look for a broker that offers a wide range of educational resources. We were impressed with FP Markets' range of educational content, that spans free online trading courses, webinars and podcasts(2). It's perhaps no surprise that FP Markets won the award for Best Education Material twice in the Investment Trends Report.
4. Customer support
Customer service can make all the difference between an outstanding and a disappointing trading experience. However, it can be one of the hardest things to assess before opening an account. When comparing brokers, look for one that provides a wide range of contact methods in your language. We'd also encourage you to contact customer support directly to assess how responsive a broker genuinely is.
Last but not least, be mindful about spreads and any commissions, as they will have a direct impact on your bottom line. Most brokers earn money through the spread, which is the difference between the price at which you can buy and sell an instrument. Some charge fixed spreads, others charge variable spreads that change based on market conditions. Most brokers publish minimum and typical spreads on their website.
If you're short on time, why not open an account with 2 or 3 brokers reviewed on this page. This will allow you to test-drive their service and assess their platform in a live trading environment. For information, FPMarkets.com was crowned Best Value Broker for a fifth consecutive year in the 2023 Global Forex Awards. FxPro.com was voted Best in Class MetaTrader Broker in the 2020 ForexBrokers awards(3).
MetaTrader 5 is an updated version of the MetaTrader trading platform, released in 2011. But surprisingly, it remains less popular to this day than MetaTrader 4, even though it's significantly more powerful than its predecessor:
- With MT4, you can trade Contracts for Difference (CFDs) on Forex, stocks, indices, commodities and cryptocurrencies. MT5 goes further by allowing you to trade futures and even options. Please note that the range of markets will ultimately depend on your broker.
- MT5 can handle an unlimited number of instruments, whereas MT4 is limited to 1,024 instruments. This is relatively little to the extent that thousands of shares are available to trade on the world's stock exchanges.
- MT5 incorporates fundamental data sourced from leading sites like Yahoo Finance, Google Finance and Finviz. This could be particularly useful if you're into fundamental analysis.
- MT5 shows real trading volumes (in lots) directly within the platform. Some traders use depth of market information to try to predict short term changes in prices. That information simply isn't available in MT4.
- MT5 includes historical prices for a wide range of instruments, which makes it easy to backtest and optimise trading strategies directly within the platform. In addition, MT5's Strategy Tester module is significantly faster and more advanced than MT4's.
Share this article:
About the author
I'm Stéphane, a trader and an entrepreneur. My mission with TrustedBrokers is to help you find the right broker for you, whether you're a beginner or a pro. I've personally used and tested the brokers on our service, opening and funding real-money accounts, contacting customer service and placing trades. I started my career in investment banking in London.
- 1. MetaQuotes. MetaTrader Market. https://www.metatrader5.com/en/automated-trading/mql5market
- 2. FP Markets. Expand Your Knowledge as a Trader. https://www.fpmarkets.com/trading-knowledge/?bta=35364&cxd=35364_417032&/redir=stv/
- 3. FxPro. FxPro Awards. https://www.fxpro.com/awards