Best ECN Brokers
Compare ECN commissions and liquidity providers in one place. Trade from just US$ 1.8/lot
Trade Forex and CFDs on over 10,000 stocks, indices, commodities and currency pairs when you open an IRESS account with FP Markets. FP Markets also supports MetaTrader 4 and 5.
- Markets: NA
- Platforms: MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, Copy trading
- Regulators: Australia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Incorporated: 2005
LiteForex (LiteForex.com) is an international ECN Forex broker. Trade a wide range of markets on Metatrader 4 or 5. LiteForex accepts a wide range of deposit methods, including Bitcoin, Monero and other cryptos.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD), Energy (CFD)
- Platforms: MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, Copy trading, Mirror trading
- Regulators: CySEC
- Incorporated: 2005
LQDFX (LQDFX.com) is an international Forex broker and CFD provider headquartered in the Marshall Islands. It delivers STP execution on MT4 across 71 currency pairs, indices and commodities.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD), Commodities (CFD)
- Platforms: MetaTrader 4, Mirror trading
- Regulators: Marshall Islands
- Incorporated: 2015
Trade Forex, cryptocurrencies as well as CFDs on stocks, indices and commodities with an STP/ECN broker. EagleFX (EagleFX.com) supports all trading styles and Expert Advisors on MetaTrader 4.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Cryptos (CFD), Stocks (CFD), Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD), Energy (CFD)
- Platforms: MetaTrader 4
- Regulators: None
- Incorporated: NA
Unlike traditional Forex brokers, ECN brokers allow you to trade directly on the Forex interbank market. This means you'll want to compare them against a different set of criteria.
- Liquidity providers
- Trading platforms
Most ECN brokers provide raw prices with no added spreads. Instead, they earn a living through volume based commissions. Their commission is usually expressed in US$ per lot or million US$ traded. The more you trade, the greater their commission. This aligns their interests with yours: ECN brokers have a vested interest in seeing you succeed and trade more.
Commissions aren't the only criteria you'll want to bear in when comparing ECN brokers. You'll also want to check how many liquidity providers they work with. The more liquidity providers compete for your trades, the deeper the market and the tighter the bid/ask spreads. The provides greater certainty of execution and more opportunities to profit.
- NordFX connects you to 70 liquidity providers through its partnership with Currenex. It's MT-ECN account supports 27 currency pairs plus gold and silver over the MT4 platform.
- FXOpen works with 14 Tier-1 liquidity providers. The company prides itself in being the first to have offered true ECN execution over MetaTrader 4.
The other brokers in our panel each work with 10 to 13 liquidity providers.
Last but not least, you'll also want to consider trading platforms when comparing brokers. In fact, this could be a major consideration if you already have a library of automated trading scripts.
- MT4: FXOpen (FXOpen) supports MetaTrader 4, the world's most popular retail Forex trading platform. It accepts all Expert Advisors, including scalpers and automated trading.
- cTrader. FxPro (FxPro.com) supports cTrader, an ECN trading platform with advanced charting and technical analysis capabilities. It allows you to build trading robots and custom technical indicators using C#.
This guide to ECN brokers features regulated brokers with strong customer service. Please add a comment below if you know a reputable ECN broker with even lower commissions, and we'll add them to this guide.
Trade up to 71 currency pairs as well as CFDs on metals, commodities and indices through MT4. STP ... MoreTrade up to 71 currency pairs as well as CFDs on metals, commodities and indices through MT4. STP trading with no requotes. Swap-free account only available to clients of Muslim faith.
- $20 deposit
- 1:300 leverage ?
- 1.1 pips EUR/USD
Trade a wide range of financial instruments with a Shariah compliant account. AvaTrade does not ... MoreTrade a wide range of financial instruments with a Shariah compliant account. AvaTrade does not charge rollover fees or swaps on overnight positions. You cannot invest in crypto-currencies through this account.
- $100 deposit
- 1:400 leverage ?
- 1.9 pips EUR/USD
Trade Forex as well as CFDs on cryptocurrencies, shares, indices and metals on floating spreads ... MoreTrade Forex as well as CFDs on cryptocurrencies, shares, indices and metals on floating spreads without commission. This account, designed for Muslim clients, does not incur swap or rollover charges for holding positions overnight. Terms and conditions apply.
- $100 deposit
- 1:500 leverage ?
- 1.2 pips EUR/USD
Trade 47 currency pairs, crypto-currencies, popular stocks, indices, gold and silver with no ... MoreTrade 47 currency pairs, crypto-currencies, popular stocks, indices, gold and silver with no interest or commissions. Open an account online and request an Islamic account from your account manager.
- $1000 deposit
- 1:30 leverage ?
- 3 pips EUR/USD