Gold Trading Hours
View gold trading hours, including market open times across the New York, London, Zurich, Hong Kong and Sydney trading sessions. We also touch on the best time to trade gold, and best gold CFD brokers.
|Market||Local time||GMT time||Comments|
|New York||8:20am to 1:30pm||12:20pm to 5:30pm||Trading of gold futures and options on the COMEX.|
|London||8:30am to 4:00pm||8:30am to 4:00pm||The gold futures price in US Dollars (XAUUSD) is fixed twice a day, at 10:30am and 3:00pm local time. "London Fixes" affect gold trading around the world.|
|Zurich||8:00am to 5:00pm||6:00am to 3:00pm|
8:30am - 12:30pm
2:30pm - 5:30pm
0:30am - 4:30pm
6:30pm - 9:30pm
|Sydney||9:00am - 3:00pm||11:00pm (T-1) - 5:00am|
What's the best time to trade gold?
The best time to trade gold can vary with market conditions, economic news, and global events. However, there are a few key periods when gold trading tends to be more active and volatile:
- Overlapping trading sessions: the most active periods for gold trading occur when major financial centers overlap, such as when the London and North American sessions coincide. During these times, there is increased liquidity and trading volume, which can lead to more significant price movements.
- Economic news releases: pay attention to economic indicators and news releases that may impact gold prices. Important reports like inflation data, non-farm payrolls, GDP figures and central bank announcements can materially affect the gold market. Traders often look for opportunities before and after the release of such news.
- Market opening and closing: the opening and closing hours of major markets, such as the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) and the Commodity Exchange, Inc. (COMEX), can see increased trading activity in gold. These periods may present trading opportunities as traders react to overnight developments or position themselves ahead of the market open.
Best Gold CDF Brokers
Go long or short the price of gold with the following award-winning brokers, which accept all trading styles on the popular MetaTrader 4 and 5 platforms.
- FXCC Best Forex Trading Account 20...
- 4XC Best Customer Service 2022
- Equiti Most Innovative Broker 2021 -...
- OctaFX Best Global Broker Asia, 2022
Trade CFDs across Forex, crypto, oil and indices with leverage up to 1:500. FXCC accepts all trading styles and Expert Advisors on MT4. There are no conflicts of interest, as FXCC.com doesn't trade against you.
4xc.com is an offshore broker founded by Forex industry veterans. Trade Forex, metals, oil and stocks with leverage up to 1:500. 4XC accepts all trading styles and Expert Advisors on MT4 and 5.
- Risk warning: Trading Forex/CFDs on margin carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors as you could sustain losses in excess of your deposits. You should carefully consider your financial situation and experience level before trading.
- Markets: Forex (CFD), Cryptos (CFD)*, Indices (CFD), Metals (CFD), Energy (CFD)* Availability subject to regulation.
- Platforms: MT4, MT5
- Regulators: Cook Islands
$10 (MT4), $ 100 (MT5)
Trade CFDs on 400+ instruments on leverage up to 1:500. Get superior execution through its network of 35+ liquidity providers. Equiti.com accepts all trading styles, without restrictions.
Trade without restrictions with OctaFX (OctaFX.com), an international broker headquartered in St. Vincent & The Grenadines. OctaFX supports all trading styles and EAs.
Our License Checker verifies the validity of EU, UK and UAE broker licenses in near real-time.
Our reviews are unbiased and reflect our own experience of trading through these brokers.
Here For You
Compare trading accounts and find the best one for you, based on your preferences.
Trading gold can be risky. That's why it's recommended to have a solid understanding of market dynamics, use risk management techniques, and stay updated on relevant news and events. It's also advisable to consult with a financial advisor or do thorough research before making any investment or trading decisions.
ECN XL Account
Trade CFDs on 70+ currency pairs, crypto-currencies, commodities and indices with leverage up to 1:... MoreTrade CFDs on 70+ currency pairs, crypto-currencies, commodities and indices with leverage up to 1:500. Get a 100% bonus on your first deposit, up to $2,000.
Trade over 60 pairs of currencies as well as CFDs on crypto-currencies, shares, indices and ... MoreTrade over 60 pairs of currencies as well as CFDs on crypto-currencies, shares, indices and commodities from 0 pips plus commission, over MT4/5 or cTrader. Get ultra-fast execution speeds under 40 milliseconds, with this ECN account.
Razor Account [cTrader, TradingView]
Trade Forex on raw spreads, sourced directly from Pepperstone's liquidity providers, plus a ... MoreTrade Forex on raw spreads, sourced directly from Pepperstone's liquidity providers, plus a commission. Trade CFDs on crypto, stocks, indices, ETFs, commodities, energy and metals on low spreads. Pepperstone allows all trading strategies on cTrader. This account is popular with scalpers.
- $200 deposit
- 1:30 leverage
- 0.17 pips EUR/USD
- Regulators: Australia, Bahamas, Cyprus (EU) , Germany, Kenya, UAE , UK